Author Topic: First Rieju, first motorbike. Questions about bike?  (Read 5977 times)

REDRieju95

• View Profile
First Rieju, first motorbike. Questions about bike?
« on: May 13, 2013, 02:52:28 PM »
Hi everyone

Recently bought rieju 125 rs2 matrix for less than a grand, at first struggled to start but cleaned, a very blocked and gunky carb, and now starts ok but i think may need a new battery due to struggle to start without power box.

Anyway first question is how can i adjust the idle revs, is it the screw on the carb which doesn't do much when i played around with it, or is it on cable adjuster on handlebar and/or above carb. 

Second Q? the rear led light only half lights up. its a sealed unit and wondering whether all like mine or whether im going to have to prise my way in to check.

3rd sorry. Headlights have a dipped and main, ok , but the left unit only has the main H3 55w bulb whilst the right has a small 5w aswell. The left unit has a bung in place of one but has bullet connectors suggesting can have one? thoughts? Also dipped beam has left and right, left is dimmer though, and main only the right side lights up. I HAVE PICS for better understanding.

Last question has anyone changed their own tyre (tire). I have on my alloys for my aprilia sr50 scooter but they were hard enough and don't want to risk the paint chipping.

PLEASE any help appreciated sorry for lack of knowledge. Experience takes time!
you know your ride was good, when you get off grinning!

ianswebb

• Currently running an RS2 125 NKD
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: First Rieju, first motorbike. Questions about bike?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 04:43:32 PM »
Hi RED,

There is a screw on the left side of the carb which adjusts your idle speed. Turn it clockwise to increase and anti-clockwise to decrease. When adjusting the speed ensure the engine has warmed up, and after each adjustment blip the throttle a few times to removed any excess fuel.

If your having running issues try checking your valve clearances too.

As for the rear light, mine is also a sealed unit and i believe it is used across the range. Ive got 2 dead led's on mine.. im just going to wait for another couple to pop then bin it off in favour of a new one!

Unfortunatley i cant really help with the headlights, although if there are connections for a sidelight i dont see the harm in getting the bits and fitting it. Id check the bulbs for the dipped and main beam problems, could just be a broken filament.

I havent fitted my own tyres, i get a local fitting centre to  change mine over. Id sooner pay them a tenner to do it.. havent got to buy the weights, make a balancing rig, and wrestled with the damn thing then!

Hope that helps,

Ian

REDRieju95

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:43:50 AM »
Hi thanks

Yeah the valve clearances were ok as my dad checked those.

The screw I have had a play around with but to no prevail. I ended up fitting my tyre bit of a struggle but not impossible and weighting them is not that bad if you have good tyres and don't get up to high speeds.

The rear light is half out but is 30 to get new so bit of a steep price if I can break it open and swap some leds so that is what ill do I think.

Bought some jets, after reading similar problems with other bikes which might help, so got a few more things to try

Thanks again for the reply.

Matter of interest whats insurance like for this bike of 17 year old on cbt licence,ive got 432 f&t but wondering if it will go down after passing my test.

ianswebb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 12:02:16 PM »
Personally id have a new rear light unit on standby.. awesome if you can replace the shot led's, but a right pain in the arse if your left high and dry, having to wait for the part to be ordered in!

Ill have a see if i can post i photo of the idle screw, in the next couple of days.

Glad the tyres worked out ok for you. As i say i get a fitting centre to do mine. I tend to have to flat mine out daily as i use it to commute around 30 miles a day, plus any other social riding and trips wherever.

As a matter of curiousity, what size jets did you get and do you know if they are straight replacements? As im looking to up my jet size for a bit of a power increase.

It seems you havent got too bad a price for insurance, im paying around 300 and really cant remember if thats for fully comp or fire&theft.. probably should check that! Ive been running on a cbt for 3 years now. Your premium should reduce once you obtain a full bike license. To get some idea just do an online quote, select 'full license' and put the 'date obtained' a few days prior to the date you are getting the quote.

ianswebb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 02:35:40 PM »
A little longer than a couple of days.. better late than never and all that!

REDRieju95

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 01:47:09 PM »
Well I jetted up the pilot jet to a 15, I think. I can't remember. But it was too rich and was difficult to get, most are 17.5.

The carb problem I fixed however now I cant get my bike to start. I have been bump starting it for a while as need to source a battery as I think this may be why it is struggling to start.

Do you know what amperage your battery is? Mine is a 4 ah battery however on the manual it says it should be a 5.5ah so I am trying to get one but none will fit.

Thanks

ianswebb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 11:17:58 AM »
Thanks for the info on the jets, that will give me something to go on!

As for the battery, I think mine is a 12v(obviously!) 5ah. Although I cant be sure of this as almost all of the details has rubbed off if it. If it helps, its made by Dynavolt.

If I can find any model numbers I'll be sure to post them.

c_griff

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 10:53:06 AM »
Hello!
I have just bought a brand new reiju MRT 50. Could anyone tell me how to change the clocks time? Its a new bike like a said and I cant find anything on the internet that shows me how to change the new digital one.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Sasse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 01:09:39 AM »
Hello!
I have just bought a brand new reiju MRT 50. Could anyone tell me how to change the clocks time? Its a new bike like a said and I cant find anything on the internet that shows me how to change the new digital one.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Hey Griff. I can't figure out how to change the time on the clock either.